Complimentary planning resources are just a click away!
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund:
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
var _msdaf_id= ‘cf5ad7581c1b’
IRA Charitable Rollover:
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to The National WWII Museum. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of informing and inspiring through the lessons of WWII continues. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to The National WWII Museum.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to The National WWII Museum so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
If you’re interested in this popular way to support The National WWII Museum, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Gifts of Securities:
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Gifts of Property:
You can give gifts of property, including artwork, jewelry, or other assets. Gifts like these are tax deductible in the same way as gifts of cash. You can also attach conditions to the gift, such as the provision to live in the property during your lifetime.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support The National WWII Museum. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to inform and inspire through the heroism of the Greatest Generation. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
The National World War II Museum, Inc.
945 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Memorial or Tribute Gift:
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for The National WWII Museum to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and teach about WWII, for years to come.
Need assistance? We’re here to help!
Shelita G. Bourgeois, M.S.
Planned Giving Officer
The National WWII Museum
945 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
504.528.1944, ext. 247